Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Query on car rental pickup location 2017/10/15 21:39
My family will be visiting Hakone and Kawaguchiko in mid December. We will be getting a 2-day Hakone Freepass. On day 2 we intend to rent a car and drive to Kawaguchiko.

As our ryokan is in Gora during our 1 night stay in Hakone, should I pick up the car in Hakone Yumoto or Gotemba station?

Hakone Yumoto will be much easier to reach by the Hakone Tozan Railway. But it means travelling backwards and then up again to Gora and Kawaguchiko.

To pick up at Gotemba, I will need to take the Tozan bus for Gora to Gotemba station. But the bus (route S) is not frequent and it seems like there is no bus between 10am - 2pm. Besides, we will have luggages of 24h and 28h in size. Is it alright to brimg them on the Hakone Tozan Bus?

I tried to find the Tozan bus timetable (Gora to Gotemba station) for weekday but have no luck. Can someone help provide the limk?

Any advice which collection point is better?
by cwong (guest)  

Re: Query on car rental pickup location 2017/10/16 13:43
Gora to Sengoku, buses T, G, M and L.

Bus W Sengoku to Gotemba, hourly services of more frequent. 17 buses in total all day.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Query on car rental pickup location 2017/10/16 13:46
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Query on car rental pickup location 2017/10/16 14:00
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread