Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amount of time to get out of Narita airport 2017/10/17 01:08
I am planning on getting all the way to Kyoto on the same day I arrive at Narita. My flight is supposed to arrive at Narita at 4:00 pm. I am using aJR pass so, I can't use Nozomi and looks like I must take 6:18 pm Narita express to make it back to Kyoto. Is 2 hours enough time to clearthe immigration, the customs, exchange $, arrange a luggage to be sent to Kyoto, get my JR pass validated? I am carrying US passport. I appreciate your input. I could stay at a hotel near by, but would avoid if all possible.
by Etusko  

Re: Amount of time to get out of Narita airport 2017/10/17 12:52
Two hours would be enough time to exit.

Just a note on sending you luggage to Kyoto. Luggage normally need too collected before 3pm to arrive the following day. If you send items from Narita, you may not get them until day 3.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Amount of time to get out of Narita airport 2017/10/17 13:54
Looking at Hyperdia, You would be able to make it if you caught the 18:48 NEX and transferred in Shinagawa to the 20:10 Hikari to Kyoto at 23:01 (which is the last one of the day). Doesn't leave a lot of room for error, though.

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Amount of time to get out of Narita airport 2017/10/17 15:57
arrive at Narita at 4:00 pm

Normally, from the flight landing to exiting immigration take 45 minutes (that's a mid-point having done lots of pickups. It assumes no delays to your flight, or one of the unusual days where it takes twice as long - 90 minutes from landing does happen.

Then, rail pass exchange. Depends how monay others are doing it at the same time. I normally avoid Narita exchanges because it can range from 15 minutes to more than an hour.

So, from a 4 p.m. landing to a train, two hours should be ok. to get either the 18:15 or the 18:48.

Money, do that in Kyoto or at a machine (ATM).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread