Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

about a month itenrary questions 2017/10/17 05:44
hi im probably going to land on 13 of march in narita and there is a bunch of things i want to do
im going to buy the 21 days jr pass so it means ill the pass until the 2 of april
for now i planned

13 - shinkansen to nara seeing the Omizutori (is it recomnded to stay to see the special ending ceremony in the 14?,for the itenrary right ill say no)

14 - shinkansen to kagoshima (yes pretty hard) stayin the night

15 16 - yakushima

17 18 19 -Kurokawa Onsen ,takachiho, nagasaki

20 - hiroshima(staying until the 23)
21 - Miyajima
22 -inujima
23 - tokyo (staying until the 27,for a realy dumb resson i already booked and the cancellation is full 10000 yen fee)
24 - anime japan
25 - fuji 5 lakes
26 - kamakura
27 - kyoto nara osaka(i have a lot planned there)
28 - kyoto nara osaka
29 -kyoto nara osaka
30 - kyoto nara osaka
31 - kyoto nara osaka
1 - tokyo kawasaki festival
2 - tokyo
3- tokyo - nikko
4 - 10 tokyo

is it to much? should i give stuff up?

i didnt right what im going to do on the main places because there just enough to there i dont believe ill have any problem from what i checked
by tal cohen (guest)  

Re: about a month itenrary questions 2017/10/17 19:15
Your itinerary is all over the place, jumping around areas illogically. It would make more sense to group areas by location, so that you don't waste so much time travelling.

For instance, grouping Nara, Kyoto and Osaka makes sense as they are all in Kansai.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: about a month itenrary questions 2017/10/17 19:19
i will only be in nara at the start to see the festival

my itenrary is also based on the fact that i have to be in tokyo from the 23 to the 27
by tal cohen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: about a month itenrary questions 2017/10/17 22:02
Hi!

I get why you are jumping around, but unless there are specifics you didn't list, your route still seems poorly planned, particularly since you are wasting several days of your JR Pass in Kyushu where it is all but worthless. (The pass doesn't help with Yakushima or Kurokawa or Takachiho. )

March 13, land in KIX, why start in NRT when you are going to want to be in Nara at first, use KIX with an open jaw ticket
March 14-20 Kansai Area (Kyoto/Osaka/Nara)
March 21-April 2 Stay in Tokyo and do Nikko, Kamakura, Fuji 5 Lakes, the night you need to be in Tokyo or lose 10000 yen, Anime Japan, anything else you want.
April 3 use a discounted air ticket (https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html ) to fly from Haneda to Kagoshima
April 4+5 visit Yakushima
April 6 bus it to Kurokawa+Takachiko or rent a car since neither in on a train line and Takachiko is hard to reach without a car
April 7 visit Nagasaki
April 8-10 Hiroshima (fly from Hiroshima home, or fly from Hiroshima to Haneda and home or shinkansen to Fukuoka and fly out of Fukuoka home)

You will save a lot of money and time since you won't be criss crossing Japan. I would maybe get an 11,000 yen Hiroshima-Yamaguchi area pass (https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/hiroshima_yamaguchi/) if you fly from Fukuoka home. You could also add a day to the Kyushu/Hiroshima part of the trip by leaving Tokyo on April 1 or 2nd.

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: about a month itenrary questions 2017/10/19 00:06
Thank you very much! Your itebrary is very well planned, btw im landing i nrt because thats a 400 dollar flight i found from my country which is considered extremely cheap, again thanks a million!
by tal cohen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread