Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Interesting spots to see sunrise 2017/10/17 06:01
Hi,
I have seen various pictures of sunset from mt Fuji. As Fuji or the Alps are a bit too high for me, are there any other cool or interesting spots to see sunrise from?

Possibly some open areas like ocean, big lake, etc.

I do not mind getting up early just to see it, unless it is a cloudy or rainy day of course.

Are there any areas or times of the year with less or more chance of clear days/mornings?

by Mono (guest)  

Re: Interesting spots to see sunrise 2017/10/17 14:51
The top of Wakakusamaya hill at Nara, though I had to hop over the fence to go up it in the dark, twice.

My favorite morning view is staying at Iwamotoro Honkan at Enoshima and watching the fishing boats go out at sunrise. I have some great pictures of the bay with the boats trundling across, and Mt Fuji in the background with the sun reflecting off the snow on the top. All without leaving the room, though there are lookouts at the top of the island (about 10 minutes walk from the hotel) which probably have spectacular sunrise views as well.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Interesting spots to see sunrise 2017/10/17 15:20
Any place along the Pacific coast of Japan is nice enough for me, such as Tokyo Bay or Yokohama Bay. Building windows and pedestrian bridges are great too.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread