Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Central Japan 8 Days Itinerary Suggestions 2017/10/18 01:05
Hello, guys!

I'll be flying in Nagoya on the first week of December.
Here's a rough draft of my itinerary---

Dec 2
Arrival in Nagoya
Dec 3
Will briefly explore Nagoya before heading to Takayama
Spend the night in Takayama (or not)
Dec 4
Takayama to Shirakawa-go
Check out and head to Shin-Hotake Ropeway?
Dec 5
Head to Nagano City (as base)
Explore nearby towns around Nagano
(Chino City, Lake Suwa)
Dec 6
Still in Nagano exploring nearby towns
Go ski-ing somewhere north
Dec 7
Head to Matsumoto
Explore Matsumoto
December 8
Explore Matsumoto or go to Fuji Lake or anywhere near mount Fuji
Maybe Kiso Valley/Nagasendo trail
December 9
I don't know yet.
December 10
Fly out from Nagoya.

Like I said, this is only a rough draft of 9-day itinerary. I would love to hear your comments, suggestions, and what not. Especially when it comes to transport. I have stumbled upon bus and train passes that cover the areas I have mentioned above but I couldn't decide on which to book.
Also, if you have a different approach/itinerary to cover the abovementioned areas, I would as well love to consider it.

I haven't mentioned places like Kamikochi, Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route, Big Cedar trees area, etc because they are going to be closed during my abovementioned travel dates (December 2-10). :(

anyway, I would love to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

by tibsol  

Re: Central Japan 8 Days Itinerary Suggestions 2017/10/18 19:44
I think one day is enough in Takayama. It is a pretty and historic town but, while it would be pleasant enough to stay longer, if there are other things that interest you more then one day is definitely sufficient to see the main sights.
by johnexplo rate this post as useful

Re: Central Japan 8 Days Itinerary Suggestions 2017/10/18 21:08
http://www.go-nagano.net/ only came across this yesterday, but it looks like a possible good source of info on smaller places in Nagano region. It also has some 2-3 day itineraries that might be useful....
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread