Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido in Feburary 2017/10/21 01:12
Hi, I'm wondering about a trip to Hokkaido in February. I'm trying to decide on the dates and budget and even whether I should stay in Hokkaido for the whole period.

It will be my second time and my partner's first time to Hokkaido. I can't drive but he can.

I've seen most of the main attractions in Sapporo (Moerenuma/ Historic park/ Shiroi Koibito Park/ Beer Museum/ Susikino/ Clock Tower/ Odori Park and the surrounding city hall and parliament buildings)

Are there any other attractions I could see within Sapporo?

Going to other cities is an option (I saw the winter in Hokkaido post but it looked expensive, given the transport, but it wasnt posted so im not sure), Otaru looks like a nice town but it also seems quite small. Beyond that, I don't know much about Hokkaido.

Any suggestions of areas in Hokkaido?

Thank you very much!

Interests:
Pretty looking places
Nice food, particularly sweets. I like sashimi but he's a little allergic to seafood (he likes raw food but it can cause rashes) so if theres anywhere that caters to both (or just really nice and cheap sashimi) I would be grateful for that too...
Its quite a budget trip so if you have gone on one before I'd be grateful for any help
We are both not really sports people (skiing probably not really on the list, unless its really a wowow experience, i have no clue what skiiing is like)
Cultural experiences would be nice (Onsens are good)
by erist  

Re: Hokkaido in Feburary 2017/10/21 11:56
If you time it right, you could see the Sapporo snow festival.
And if you haven't gone yet to the open air museum that's an other attraction.

I don't know much more about Sapporo.

If you want to go outside of Sapporo you could go and see the floating ice in Abashiri (probably other places as well )

Enjoy your trip to Hokkaido!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread