Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Yumoto Hotel Recommendations 2017/10/22 15:59
I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for hotels at Hakone Yumoto.

At this point, it's kind of a toss up between Suimeisou, Fujiya and Maille Coeur Shogetsu.

If anyone has suggestions, or if they could share their experiences, I would greatly appreciate it!
by Eikreis  

Re: Hakone Yumoto Hotel Recommendations 2017/10/22 23:54
From your list the Maille Coeur Shogetsu seems to respond my must-be criterias: good outdoor onsen and good Japanese dinner. Also they have tatami-room in choice.
We stayed twice in Hakonemori Okada, as their (actually neighbour hotel's) outdoor onsen has been one of best I visited.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Yumoto Hotel Recommendations 2017/10/23 00:45
I stayed in the Fujiya Hakone Yumoto. The location was perfect because we arrived at Hakone Yumoto Station at close to 22:00 and it was an easy short walk to the hotel. I thought the room was a little small for the price paid and the bed was too hard for me. The onsen was fine? I've been to better but it was pleasant enough though we just had a view of greenery. The grounds were nice and my daughter liked the river crabs that wandered around in the morning. They also gave us food to feed the koi which is always a big hit for her. I like the original Fujiya in Miyanoshita more. I thought the rooms were much nicer there as were the grounds and the hotel itself. The baths/pool were disappointing though and needed an update/refresh. I've not stayed at any of the other places you mentioned and I didn't eat at either hotel.

I would stay at the Fujiya Hakone Yumoto is you want super easy access to the station and not to be dependent on a shuttle or bus getting from your hotel/ryokan getting back to the station. Since most buses as well as the Tozan line leave from Hakone-Yumoto it makes traveling through Hakone a breeze.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread