Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fushimi Inari Shrine New Year 2017/10/24 10:35
I'll be in Kyoto during coming New Year period and a lot of people recommend to go to Fushimi Inari Shrine at 31st midnight.
So we plan to visit and just want to check how do we go back to your accommodation after this?
Is there any special train service running until 1-2am so that we can go back?
We'll be staying near JR Kyoto station.
by ethan (guest)  

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine New Year 2017/10/24 16:32
Kyoto sta - Inari sta by Nara line is running every 30-60 mins interval between 0:00 -5:00 on Jan 1 2018.
If you stay near Kyoto sta, visit Nishi-Honganji temple(the world heritage) and/or Higashi Honganji temple is another option.

I think you will take 2-4 hours to visit those shrine/temple due to crowdedness, if you depart Kyoto sta to Fushimi-Inari, you will expect to return to your accommodation around 5:00-6:00 am.
Visiting the popular shrine/temple on New Year's eve, New Years days(1-3 Jan) is very much crowdedness can be expected.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine New Year 2017/10/25 11:51
Thanks a lot for your info.
Yes I heard about crowds during new year and I want to experience it too.
That is one of the reason we want to go there.
by ethan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine New Year 2017/10/25 14:51
The first shrine visit of the New Year, hatsumode, is really a must-do experience if you happen to be in Japan over the New Year! It's crowded and that's part of the experience.
I just wanted to add that if you're worried about about getting back in the middle of the night, it will be just as crowded during the first few days of the New Year and you can get a pretty good experience during those days too. Don't forget to get some amazake and stock up on lucky charms! :-)
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread