Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kintestsu Railway Pass & Kansai Tourist Pass 2017/10/24 12:25
My family ( 04 members )will have 09days 8 night trip to Japan on coming Nov. We will arrive at Kansai airport/Osaka them move to staying 04 night in Nagoya then coming back to Osaka for remaining 04 nights. We intend to buy Kintestsu Railway Pass for moving from Osaka to Nagoya and back to Osaka . For remaining last 04 days in Osaka we have idea to buy 04 days Kansai Tourist Pass for exploring city and visit to Kyoto/Kobe... Please kindly give me your opinion that above Pass ( Kintestsu + Kansai) is valuable / worth to cover our trip ? Many thanks and appreciated for your advise/comment.
by san68  

Re: Kintestsu Railway Pass & Kansai Tourist Pass 2017/10/24 13:56
The Kintetsu Railway pass is by far the cheapest way to get from Osaka (Namba) to Nagoya, but it does take a little over an hour longer than the bullet train. Probably worth it to save about 10000 yen, round trip.

For the last half of your trip in Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe, I don't think a pass will pay off. It is only 560 yen each way to take the Rapid line from Osaka Station to Kyoto Station which only takes 30 minutes. And it is only 410 yen each way to Kobe on the same class of train. So you would have to take a LOT of trips between the cities for a 6300 yen 4-day pass to be valuable.

So Kintetsu pass is a good deal for first half, but you are better off paying regular fare for your second half of the trip in Osaka.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kintestsu Railway Pass & Kansai Tourist Pass 2017/10/24 16:48
Please be aware that Kintetsu Rail pass now does not cover limited express trains. Limited express surcharge between Kintetsunagoya and Osaka- Namba is Y1,900 one way. Otherwise it's another additional hour or so on local trains
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kintestsu Railway Pass & Kansai Tourist Pass 2017/10/24 16:54
Dear Me2

Many thanks and appreciated for your kind comment but in the 2nd half of stay we want to explore Osaka/ Kyoto/KOBE/HIMEIJI so if we will the comment train ticket in accumulate it its almost same as buying 04days Kansai Tourist Pass ( round trip to Kyoto :1200Y +round trip to KOBE 810Y + Osaka visitor ticket 550Y + KYOTO sightseeing one day pass 1200Y + fee on last day from SHIN OSAKA to KANSAI air port ) . So it is reason why we intend to buy 04 KANSAI TOURIST PASS for 2nd half.
The question is if we use Kansai Tourist Pass it will be convenient to visit all must see point in Osaka /Kyoto/ KOBE/ HIMEIJI or not?

The second question is in case we buy Kintestsu Rail way pass online before leaving our country then when we arrive to Kansai air port do we need to do the exchange ?

we do hope to receive all of your valuable comment.

by san68 rate this post as useful

Re: Kintestsu Railway Pass & Kansai Tourist Pass 2017/10/30 16:51
Dear All
Many thanks and appreciated for your kind comment but in the 2nd half of stay we want to explore Osaka/ Kyoto/KOBE/HIMEIJI so if we will the comment train ticket in accumulate it its almost same as buying 04days Kansai Tourist Pass ( round trip to Kyoto :1200Y +round trip to KOBE 810Y + Osaka visitor ticket 550Y + KYOTO sightseeing one day pass 1200Y + fee on last day from SHIN OSAKA to KANSAI air port ) . So it is reason why we intend to buy 04 KANSAI TOURIST PASS for 2nd half.
The question is if we use Kansai Tourist Pass it will be convenient to visit all must see point in Osaka /Kyoto/ KOBE/ HIMEIJI or not?

The second question is in case we buy Kintestsu Rail way pass online before leaving our country then when we arrive to Kansai air port do we need to do the exchange ?

we do hope to receive all of your valuable comment.
by san68 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread