Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 09:37
Hi,
I purchased online from e-romancecar tickets from Shinjuku to Hakone-Yumoto. The tickets are for 3 adults and 1 child. I made seat reservations online as well and the purchase amount was Y3,020 and I received the email confirmation.

The Romance car website says that the ticket is (890 yen + 1,190 yen for express surcharge and normal fare) so I am confused if the ticket I purchased online is lacking something. Do I need to pay extra at the train station?

Thanks!
John
by John (guest)  

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 13:14
The romance car single fare for adult(12 yrs +) is 2,080 yen(1,180 + 890).
The children fare is a half of adult(1,040 yen).
If the amount is 3,120 yen(not "3,020 yen"), you bought one adult ticket and one child ticket, check the amount carefully.
If you are travelling with 3 adults and 1 child, you will need to buy two more adult tickets(4,160 yen).
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 13:25
I checked e-romancecar site (in Japanese) and go through for the reservation of 3 adults and one children, and the amount is about 3000 yen. This is for the "reserved seat fee" and you must pay the "fare" additionally (for 3 adults and one children). I think they provide this system since the "fare" tickets do not require reservation and many people will buy some kind of "pass" separately which covers the "fare" but not the reserved seats. Show your reservation to the station staff and ask how to buy the "fare" tickets.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 14:04
I think frog 1954 is correct. The Odakyu reservation website allows you to only pay for the reservation fee and us the hakonefree pass or fuji hakone pass to cover the seat fare.

Can I ask why you used the Japanese site to book the the seats when an English version website is available?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 14:07
Thanks everyone, so what do you suggest now that I do? Can I log in again and purchase the tickets
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 14:10
I looked at the seats I selected and it is grayed out which means it is reserved.
Do I just buy the tickets from the counter in shinjuku or narita?
Thanks

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 14:14
Can I ask why you used the Japanese site to book the the seats when an English version website is available?

Are you asking me, Hakata? If so, it's simply because I am a Japanese :). The OP should have used English site, and I should have better check it in English site, but I thought it will be no problem to use Japanese site which is much easier to me. In any case, the e-romancecar site is quite simple. I hope JR has this kind of site for reservation.

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 14:19
Do I just buy the tickets from the counter in shinjuku or narita?

At Shinjuku, probably. I think Odakyu has no ticket counter at Narita. Just show your reservation something (pdf? e-mail? I don't know. In any case something printed-out.) to the station staff at Shinjuku. They should be very used to it. Show it and just say "ticket".

Re: Question about Romance car fare 2017/10/26 14:24
Thanks everyone.
I did not know there was an english and japan site. I just clicked the link leading to the e-romance site:

https://www.web-odakyu.com/e-romancecar/vacantSeatInquiry/input?STICKY...

which was from this page:

http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romancecar/

Anyway, I have the pdf confirmation so I'll just show that to the Odakyu counter.
Thanks again

reply to this thread