Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Help 2017/10/26 10:50
Hello! I will traveling during the holidays around Japan with my sister. We have already been to Japan a few times, so we have already seen Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima (and Miyajima), Fukuoka, and Osaka. For our trip, we wanted to see places we have never been to before. I live in Saga-ken, so we will begin the trip in Kyushu and end in Tokyo around the New Year. I have never planned a trip by myself before, so I need a lot of help! Please help me with my itinerary! All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thanks again!

December 23rd: Depart for Ise Shima (fly from Fukuoka to Nagoya, then take the ferry to Ise Jingu)
December 24th: Ise Jingu
December 25th: Hijemi
December 26th: Hakone
December 27th: Hakone (Fuji Five Lakes Area)
December 28th: Kamakura
December 29th: Tokyo (Yokohama day trip)
December 30th: Tokyo (day trip to Nikko)
December 31st: Tokyo
January 1st: Tokyo
January 2nd: Return home
by sagasofsaga  

Re: Itinerary Help 2017/10/26 11:56
Is that Himeji on the 25th? If so, then that's back-tracking to the west just to head east again the next day. It seems like a lot of traveling time for just one day/place.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Help 2017/10/27 07:44
Thank you so much for your answer! I think we will actually skip Himeji entirely. Our updated idea follows:

December 23rd: Depart for Ise Shima (fly from Fukuoka to Nagoya, then take the ferry to Ise Jingu)

December 24th: Ise Jingu

December 25th: Hakone

December 26th: Hakone (Fuji Five Lakes Area)

December 27th: Kamakura

December 28th: Tokyo

December 29th: Tokyo (Yokohama day trip)

December 30th: Tokyo (day trip to Nikko)

December 31st: Tokyo

January 1st: Tokyo

January 2nd: Return home
by sagasofsaga rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Help 2017/10/27 08:51
If you haven't yet, get your ticket for 2 next January as it is kind of peak travel time.

Enjoy your trip through Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Help 2017/11/1 10:47
Thanks! I've got those Jan 2 tickets booked now :)

Do you have any tips for getting from Ise Jingu to Hakone?
by sagasofsaga rate this post as useful

reply to this thread