Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass 2017/10/26 19:51
i am planning on a trip for osaka,kanazawa,toyama.i do not quite understand the rail map cover by the pass.can anyone please enlightened me.
can anyone confirm with me that,if the pass cover the route
1. from kansai airport to shin imamiya station
2. from shin imamiya to kanazawa then to toyama
from my understanding the kanazawa route is covered.
however i read about other forums that most people will add on the icoca haruka pass to cover the fare for the kansai airport to osaka route and travel around osaka using the jr line.
by ernest (guest)  

Re: JR Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass 2017/10/27 17:25
all covered
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass 2017/10/27 18:20
most people will add on the icoca haruka pass to cover the fare for the kansai airport to osaka route and travel around osaka using the jr line.

Probably their "kansai airport to osaka route and travel around osaka" is out of the valid period (7 consecutive days) of the pass. Other than that there seems to be no reason to buy the ICOCA & Haruka ticket.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass 2017/10/29 20:31
thanks everyone for the reponse.how about the takayama hokuriku pass?because i change my plan not to go to toyama since there is nothing much around there.so i might change the visit to osaka-kyoto-kanazawa-shirakawago-takayama.can anyone confirm with me that,if the pass cover the route
1. from kansai airport to shin imamiya station
2. from shin imamiya to kanazawa
3. from kanazawa to shirakawago 1day then the next day to takayama by nohi bus
4. from osaka to kyoto
thanks in advance for the help.

by ernest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Hokuriku Area Pass 2017/10/30 06:56
All are covered, but how do you return from Takayama to Osaka? The easiest way is via Nagoya then Shinkansen, but Shinkansen ride from Nagoya to Shin-Osaka is not covered. You can go via Toyama, then Kanazawa to Osaka by Thunderbird.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread