Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Advise 2017/10/29 02:42
Hi, 3rd trip to Japan this coming April, came up with this, any suggestion to improve or recommendation not to miss out on?

9th Apr - Day 1 [MON] JR Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass
Arrival at Hiroshima Airport @ 0930
Hiroshima
Stay Hiroshima City Centre

10th Apr - Day 2 [TUES]
Miyajima
Stay Miyajima

11th Apr - Day 3 [WED]
Onomichi
Okunoshima
Stay Hiroshima Station

12th Apr - Day 4 [THURS]
Osaka
Stay Shin-Osaka Station

13th Apr - Day 5 [FRI]
Amanohashidate
Kyoto
Stay Shin-Osaka Station

14th Apr - Day 6 [SAT] 7 Days JR Pass
Kanazawa
Stay Kanazawa

15th Apr - Day 7 [SUN]
Matsumoto
Stay Kanazawa

16th Apr - Day 8 [MON]
Shirakawago
Takaoka
Stay Kanazawa

17th Apr - Day 9 [TUES]
Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route
Stay Kanazawa

18th Apr - Day 10 [WED]
Takayama
Stay Takayama

19th Apr - Day 11 [THURS]
Furukawa
Nagoya
Stay Nagoya

20th Apr - Day 12 [FRI]
Nagoya
Stay Hiroshima

21st Apr - Day 13 [SAT]
Departure from Hiroshima Airport @1025
by Delardino  

Re: Itinerary Advise 2017/10/29 16:11
1st thought. Why change hotels every night for the three days in Hiroshima? I would stay in one for all three nights unless you are desperate to spend a night at Miyajima. If you are I would make that the last night in Hiroshima & stay at the same hotel for the other two nights. It doesnt really matter where as the tram system in Hiroshima is extensive.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advise 2017/10/29 16:37
Since you fly out of Hiroshima. I would put your Hiroshima days at the end of you itinerary.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advise 2017/10/29 17:01
The Takayama Spring Festival will be on 14-15th of April, are you aware of that and deliberately avoiding it during this time?
If so that's fine, although it will be crazy busy given it will also be a weekend, but attending a festival if you haven't seen one before will be a good experience.

I agree with Stan, you don't have to change hotels in the 1st three days of your stay in Hiroshima.

Day 5 of your trip is so unrealistic, how are you going to do Kyoto and Amanohashidate on one day, when Kyoto by itself requires a few days to cover and Amanohashidate requires a day trip by itself, not half a day?

Also the trip from Osaka to Amanohashidate is about 2 hours, and from Amanohashidate to Kyoto is about 2.5 hours. I think you need to assign a full day to each of them.
by ----- (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advise 2017/10/29 20:23
Thanks for the replies.

@Stan: Yes i wanted to stay a night on the island. I get ur idea of putting the 2 nights together but the hotel i booked for miyajima doesnt have the room i want for the following day, so abit troublesome with the luggages.

@hakata: Yes, my earlier plan Hiroshima was at the end of the trip, but i tot that since im taking a overnight flight, it might be abit tired to spend another 2 hrs on the shinkansen.

@-----: Yes, i am aware of the festival, my earlier plan was actually to be at Takayama for 2 nights from 12 to 14 with my daytrip to Shirakawa from there instead of Kanazawa now but i got some problems arranging the other places to plan. For Kyoto maybe i didnt state clearly, i just want to go for the night illumination at Kodaiji Temple and dinner at nearby area. If there isn't enough time then maybe i will just have my meal at Kyoto Station.
by Delardino rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advise 2017/10/31 11:10
By the way, is it because of the Takayama festival, even the accommodation for Kanazawa for 14th April night pricing is alot higher?

Did a check for example: APA Hotel Kanazawa Ekimae at Kanazawa Station for 14th April it is SGD$192 a night, but the following 3 nights only add up only cost SGD$255,
by Delardino rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advise 2017/10/31 15:49
By the way, is it because of the Takayama festival, even the accommodation for Kanazawa for 14th April night pricing is alot higher?

Did a check for example: APA Hotel Kanazawa Ekimae at Kanazawa Station for 14th April it is SGD$192 a night, but the following 3 nights only add up only cost SGD$255,

It could be that or it could be because it's a Saturday night. Saturday nights usually cost more in most hotels in big cities.
by ----- (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread