Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can we see snow in Nov and get there? 2017/10/29 09:44
Hi happy travellers,

I am Yen from Saigon with 2 other girls visit Japan 2nd time. Last time was in April. Amazing to see Tokyo,Osaka,Kyoto.

I decide to come back on 03-17/Nov. I hope I can some snows and autumn leaf this trip and futher to the North of Japan. I will buy JP national 2 weeks. Can you guys please advise:

1. Which is the nicest city that I can see the snow the most with not so complicated travel? :)

2. Which city has the most beautiful nature scenery with autumn leaf?

3. If possible and with your experience please share how did you travel with JP pass to your favorite places?

Anyone who can give me best recommendation,when u go to Ho Chi Minh. I will do the same as ur Vietnam local friend or host you at my city. Hahaha.

I am in love with nature, animals, farm, trees, lakes, river, waterfalls, boat trip, bus tour ...Not really city girl. ^.^

I am a bit greedy girl who wanna see all beautiful places in Japan but I guess I hv to come back 10 times more to finish :) hihihi

Cheers and happy days everyone

Yen

(Ho Chi Minh- Vietnam)
by Yen (guest)  

Re: Where can we see snow in Nov and get there? 2017/10/29 13:12
Nov 3rd is just 5 days after so I guess you must finish planning the early part of the itinerary. It is not the busiest days, but you might better book some accommodations especially it is popular destination.

1. Which is the nicest city that I can see the snow the most with not so complicated travel? :)

Early November is not winter in most cities. I mean your chance to see snow increases when you travel out of cities. I think Murodo in the Alpine route is the place you will probably see snow in your dates. There is a "live camera" and now you can see snow, but there seems to be rain droplets on the screen.

https://www.alpen-route.com/live_camera/murodou.html

The Alpine Route

https://www.alpen-route.com/en/

2. Which city has the most beautiful nature scenery with autumn leaf?

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_when.html

Hokkaido is over while Tokyo and Kyoto are too early. Your best bet should be Chubu and southern Tohoku area. of course high places are colder so the leave takes color earlier.

3. If possible and with your experience please share how did you travel with JP pass to your favorite places?

Sadly I am a Japanese so I can't use the JR pass by myself ;), but the general rule is to calculate your trips and if the total costs exceeds the cost of the pass, you should buy it. However, I think you already bought the 14 days pass, so you should maximize the travel cost:). Book accommodations which are close to the Shinkansen station so that you can travel efficiently. See the Shinkansen map closely and find out which Shinkansen station is convenient for you. If you are in tight budget, stay away of Tokyo if possible, since the hotel rate is usually higher than other places. The following cities are on the Shinkansen and offer less expensive accommodations: Nagano, Niigata, Nagoya, Sendai, Toyama, Kanazawa, Osaka (Shin-Osaka is the name of the Shinkansen station), Yokohama (Shin-Yokohama), Fukuyama, Okayama. Cities to the north of Sendai is too cold to see the autumn foliage in your itinerary.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread