Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Job Change + Immigration (how screwed am I?) 2017/10/30 18:44
Hi,

I changed jobs a few months ago, but only recently found out about the rule of needing to inform immigration about my job change within two weeks.
I've been working in Japan since 2015.

If the punishment is very heavy (I don't know what the punishment will be) I am thinking about just quitting my job and leaving Japan since I'm not that happy with my current job anyway.

Does anybody know what the punishment is for not informing immigration or what may happen in my situation?

Thanks.

by smapattack  

Re: Job Change + Immigration (how screwed am I?) 2017/10/31 08:55
nobody knows how your situation will be handled by immigration. Best thing you can do is inform them.
I personally think you think to negative. Immigration is not that bad as many say, depending on your own attitude.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Job Change + Immigration (how screwed am I?) 2017/10/31 10:06
As long as you changed jobs within the same category, that is still "tolerable," so I do not expect any "punishment," except for some verbal cautionint when you go report it. It is best if you can go as soon as possible to report the change, and apologize for the delay in reporting.
by .......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Job Change + Immigration (how screwed am I?) 2017/10/31 13:55
it'll be fine. just make sure to apologize profusely almost to the point of tears and say it will never ever happen again. they'll let you off the hook (it also works for politicians and CEOs in Japan)
by samui (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Job Change + Immigration (how screwed am I?) 2017/10/31 14:34
there is no problem .. as you find out and go by yourself.. but if they look for you and find you thats a problem that need a very serious explanation.

just go there and explain to them that you didnt know the rule ..you just had it from your friend yesterday. they will never do anything.
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread