Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Kanazawa Thunderbird during NYE 2017/11/6 05:14
Hi
I'm planning to travel from Kyoto to Kanazawa on the 29th of December
I dont live in Japan and am worried the trains on the Thunderbird Limited Express will be fully booked. we only arrive in Japan on the 24th of December (Osaka)
How can we prebook the train with a reserved seat before we arrive in Japan?
Thanks
by Arnold (guest)  

Re: Kyoto to Kanazawa Thunderbird during NYE 2017/11/6 13:35
You can't, but there are non-reserved seats.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Kanazawa Thunderbird during NYE 2017/11/6 14:30
I wouldnt be too stressed about Kyoto to Kanazawa but I would book the day after you land. I left booking the return trip which I was taking on New Years Day until 2 days before and we had a hard time getting a train. You could always go from Kyoto to Nagoya then to Toyama via the Wideview Hida if you were having trouble, that is an awesome trip, much nicer that Kyoto to Kanazawa.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Kanazawa Thunderbird during NYE 2017/11/7 05:14
I don't know if I would recommend the Hida via Nagoya as an aternate. Sure it's got some pretty scenery, but you are talking 5.5-6 hours vs a little over 2, and double the fare. That's a BIG detour. I think it's a few minutes faster to ride the Shinkansen all the way via Tokyo!

Heading around the lake to Maibara and transfering to the Shirasaga express to Kanazawa would be the best alternate. It's about the same fare and only adds about 20-30 minutes.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Kanazawa Thunderbird during NYE 2017/11/7 23:19
Will it be too crowded for Kanazawa to Kyoto on 29th Dec evening?
by ethan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread