Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/7 08:04
Hi I want to walk this pilgrimage and I want to know where exactly do I start , where do I finish , where can I get the stamps exactly and how many days/distance is it socket factory in to my holiday in December
by Abhi B  

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/7 12:16
Have you tried the Kumano Tourism Bureau website? It's very comprehensive
http://www.tb-kumano.jp/en/kumano-kodo/suggested-walks/
http://www.tb-kumano.jp/en/kumano-kodo/maps/
http://www.tb-kumano.jp/en/world-heritage/dual-pilgrim/ (scroll down for stamp info)
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/7 14:07
No but I do know now thank you very much
by Abhi B rate this post as useful

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/7 15:46
No problem. They have lots of excellent information including accommodation options and even a reservation service. It's the most useful local tourist website I've used.

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/7 16:28
I am looking to visit Camino De Santiago 2 weeks before so I can get the dual program

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/8 09:23
I recommend posting specific questions here once you do your preliminary research
by KumanoKodoMan rate this post as useful

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/8 15:36
Ok how many days can I do the walk if I Land in kii tanabe and want to walk to all 3 shrines of hongu, hatayama and naichi taishu?

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/8 19:05
I've never really thought of doing this but thanks for the idea. I have bookmarked the page.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/8 19:13
I'm looking for a two day segment, preferably with an overnight at an onsen spot, so I'll keep an eye on this thread as well...
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/9 19:19
Just came back from Kumano Kodo. Simple search on Google will bring you to Kumano Travel Bureau website where all information is available. The most popular route is the Nakahechi 4 days and 5 days. Sample itinerary is available where you can adjust according to your fitness and confidence level. It will start from Kii-Tanabe/Takijiri-oji and ends at Kii-Katsuura.

Book accomodations at these locations through Kumano website. These are the popular accomodation, depends whether you are taking 4/5 days trek:
- Kiri no Sato Takahara : book fast as it's the only accomodation in the area. If you missed this, you need to continue another 4-5 hrs to Chikatsuyu-oji
- Chikatsuyu-oji
- Yunomine onsen/Kawayu onsen
- Kii-Katsuura

One recommendation: study the route and the map. That's the only thing which will save and help you during the trek. Kumano Kodo is not something you can based on other people's experience. While it will give you supplemental information, the main thing is to study the area and the trail yourselves. It saved us in planning backup routes as typhoon hit the area on our first day of hike and many routes/mode of transportation were suspended.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/9 19:35
@Abhi, from the suggested walks page you may like the 6 day itinerary http://www.kumano-travel.com/index/en/action_ModelCourseDetail_Detail/...

@winter visitor, I particularly recommend incorporating an overnight stay at Yunomine Onsen as part of your hike. If you go in winter, you must visit Kawayu Onsen for the river onsen experience.

Re: Want to walk kumano kodo but where do I start 2017/11/9 21:28
Ummm I am back in japan next year and will prob do more research and do it summer when it is warmer

reply to this thread