Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work Visa - Dual Nationality 2017/11/9 03:32
I accepted a job offer with a Japanese company. I am a dual citizen (US and Mexico). I am currently living in Mexico. However, in college I was in Japan as an exchange student and my student visa was issued on my American passport (I was living in the US at the time).
However, my family and I currently live in Mexico. If I applied for my work visa at the Japanese Embassy in Mexico with my Mexican passport would that be an issue?
I would rather not have to travel back to US.
Thanks!
by momiji_manju (guest)  

Re: Work Visa - Dual Nationality 2017/11/9 08:42
No issue.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Work Visa - Dual Nationality 2017/11/9 08:44
If I applied for my work visa at the Japanese Embassy in Mexico with my Mexican passport would that be an issue?

I am not sure. If you want to be considered the "same person" as when you had the student visa by the Japanese government, then you should probably use your US passport.

I would rather not have to travel back to US.

There is no need for that. You can also apply for your work visa at the Japanese Embassy in Mexico with your US passport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Work Visa - Dual Nationality 2017/11/9 08:49
You can also apply for your work visa at the Japanese Embassy in Mexico with your US passport.

Not so sure. Probably then he would have to show some sort of residence permit in Mexico, which he doesn't have, being a Mexican citizen.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread