Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chiba/Tokyo, any chances to get a job there? 2017/11/9 06:22
kon'nichiwa everyone!
Hi I am Nacer from Tunisia! I am planning to visit Japan and I would like to experience working in Chiba prefecture or Tokyo, I hold a bachelor degree, fluent in English, French and Arabic(mother tongue), I have a work experience in Sales and a small experience in English tutoring and kids sports and physical education,
I visited many japanese jobs websites, I was applying since couple months but no responses,
I am confused.. I am just wondering is there any possibility for a person with my profile to get a job there?
Is it a good idea to come and start searching for jobs on site?
Thank you!
Greetings from Tunisia :)
by Nacer (guest)  

Re: Chiba/Tokyo, any chances to get a job there? 2017/11/9 08:58
Fluency in Arabic could help you in the hospitality/tourism industry, since Japan like every other country is trying to attract wealthy Middle-Eastern tourists, and there's a "work visa" category for that ("International Service").

But in order to obtain that kind of visa, you need three years of work experience, which presumably you will have to acquire in Tunisia. So try to find a tourism-related job in an area you like, and work there for three years. A company with ties to Japan would be a plus. Then after you have the required experience, it should be relatively easy to find a job un Japan, if you apply at the right places.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Chiba/Tokyo, any chances to get a job there? 2017/11/9 10:47
By the way, in what field is your degree? If you come with only a degree and no experience, you can only get a "work visa" in the same field (with few exceptions, like language instruction and translation).

Re: Chiba/Tokyo, any chances to get a job there? 2017/11/9 20:03
Hi Firas!
Thank you so much for the clarifications,
Actually my major is the ancient languages and Civilizations, a branch from Archaeology field... Actually it's hard for me even here to get a job in my field haha,
I would not mind to work in any field or job for I had a various work experience during this last 4 years.
Thank you again bro :)
Greetings from Tunisia
by Nacer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chiba/Tokyo, any chances to get a job there? 2017/11/9 20:20
You can't just "work in any field" in Japan, unless you are a student (in which case you can work part-time) or married to a Japanese. "Work visas" are only granted for jobs in a few select fields, and virtually all of them require a degree and/or significant experience in the same field.

Re: Chiba/Tokyo, any chances to get a job there? 2017/11/9 20:56
Thank you again Firas,
So you think it's useless to come and search on site for a job?
I know that the visa process in Japan is super strict..
Arigato Firas :)
by Nacer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chiba/Tokyo, any chances to get a job there? 2017/11/9 21:17
So you think it's useless to come and search on site for a job?

If you don't know what you are doing, it will almost certainly be useless, because you will waste your time applying for jobs for which you can't get a visa anyway (that's probably what you have been doing until now; being "on site" will not change anything in that regard).

reply to this thread