Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow in Mid April? 2017/11/10 00:49
Hi all, I need some advice.
My husband and I will be travelling to Tokyo from 14 - 21 Apr 2018. We plan to visit Yuzawa Town and stay for 2-3 nights but will we still be able to see snow during these period? Not really keen to ski but just want to play and touch snow.
Any recommendation for western-style hotel? Prefer near Shinkansen station or with shuttlebus service to and from train station.
Thank you.
by Msbuckwh3at  

Re: Snow in Mid April? 2017/11/10 09:08
Snow unlikely being mid spring.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Mid April? 2017/11/10 09:27
Also even if there were snow, 2 - 3 days really sound long, if you don't want to ski. Yuzawa in itself is not a nice town.
If you want nice sightseeing (but no snow) in that region, go on to Echigo-Yuzawa region and visit the art project there, which is dotting the landscape.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Mid April? 2017/11/10 10:47
Up in the higher elevations of Gala Yuzawa or Kagura should still be some snow, albeit probably of poor quality and/or human-made. More rewarding could be a visit to the Alpine Route which usually opens around April 15:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7550.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Mid April? 2017/11/10 13:37

If snow that you would like to see, I second Snow corridor at Murodo. Guarantee no disappointment!

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Snow+corridor+at+Murodo&safe=active...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Mid April? 2017/11/11 00:24
Thank you all for the information. Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route seems interesting, will visit the snow corridor instead. So I will need JR east pass? Shall we stay in Toyama City or other places? 3 days, is it enough?
by Msbuckwh3at rate this post as useful

reply to this thread