Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

gap in my Kyoto itinerary 2017/11/11 10:25
Hi!

I need to fill a gap in my itinerary. This will be on a Saturday in the first week of December. All suggestions welcome, although I'd prefer a variety of options and not just temples.

6am-8.30am: Sannenzaka, Nannenzaka, Kiyomizudera (to avoid the crowds)

????????

11-3.30pm: Lunch near Kyoto St. Take a train up to Nishiki Market area. Walk through Nishiki Market, Gion and Maruyama Park

3.30-5.30pm: Kodai-ji (night illumination)

Thanks!
by Ponti (guest)  

Re: gap in my Kyoto itinerary 2017/11/11 13:10
Weird itinerary somewhat.

Higashiyama district, to Kyoto station, back to Higashiyama district. Gion/Pontocho, back to Hiyashiyama district.

I would start at Kiyomizusera, work may way downhill throught the Hiyashiyama district, Maruyama Park etc. Should take you up to around 10-11am. then over to Gion/Pontocho for lunch and shopping. There is a couple of big department stores around Kawaramachi Station surrounds right near Pontocho area. This will take to up to 2-3pm. Have a sit and rest your legs (with tea/coffee drink) by Kamo river near Oikeo Bridge watching the happenings going on in this busy area.

Complete the rest of you day from 3:30pm onwards as originally planned.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread