Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9 Days Japan Itinerary 2017/11/19 15:49
Hi we a group of friends planning a budget Trip to Japan for 8 Adults from 4th March for 8 Nights & 9 Days.

We are planning to take JR 7 DAYS RAIL PASS + 2 DAYS FUJI HAKONE PASS. We are more interested in sightseen and hectic schedule is no problem for us.

Day 1 – TOKYO Arrival
Day 2 – TOKYO
Day 3 – HAKONE - FUJI FREE PASS. HAKONE
Day 4 – HAKONE and evening KYOTO
Day 5 – KYOTO
Day 6 – Day trip to Hiroshima and Miyajima Island. KYOTO
Day 7 – Day trip to Osaka. KYOTO
Day 8 – Train to Tokyo. Day free. TOKYO
Day 9 - Back to Airport

by ManishGolchha  

Re: 9 Days Japan Itinerary 2017/11/19 17:02
Personal opinion is that is isn't allowing enough time to see much if the sights.

2 full days Tokyo, 1 full day Kyoto, etc.

what are you trying to achieve you and your friends on this holiday? Other than a few selfies with famous landmarks in the back ground. I don't see much more happening.

Hakone you seem to have alotted enough time.

But Miyajima for example is 2.5-3.0 with transfers from Kyoto. Maybe 15 min more if accommodation is not close to Kyoto Station. So between the 1.5 hours only spent at the bottom of the island shrine and omitting walking around the island to up the mountain to the top etc. Now you still need time to use the buses or trams to get into the center of Hiroshima to see the city sights etc. you really need an overnight stay to make both Miyajima and Hiroshima work.

With that in mind and only 9 days to play with. I would decide between Hiroshima/Miyajima or Hakone. Otherwise you'll have no time to complete anything meaningful at all four locations. Kill one to make the other three locations better.

by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9 Days Japan Itinerary 2017/11/19 20:14
Hello. I think your itinerary is a bit ambitious. Especially Hiroshima and Miyajima as a day trip. I would choose one.
by ocubed rate this post as useful

Re: 9 Days Japan Itinerary 2017/11/20 02:43
Is it possible? Yes, but the second half is a bit too rushed. I suggest skipping Osaka and spend one night in Miyajima/Hiroshima.
by Nanjak Ore (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread