Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which IC card for Osaka to Tokyo 2017/11/29 21:07
I will arrive in Osaka and my itinerary is Osaka-Kyoto-Osaka-Takayama-Shirakawa-Takayama-Tokyo, so I will depart from Tokyo to go back to Indonesia. From what I read CMIIW, I can use both Icoca and Suica in those cities, but I can't refund Icoca in Tokyo, and also I can't buy Suica in Osaka. Do you have any suggestions on this matter? Thanks in advance for your replies.
by Amanchen  

Re: Which IC card for Osaka to Tokyo 2017/11/30 10:41
You could buy the ICOCA in Osaka and refund it before you leave, and then purchase a Suica in Tokyo and refund that before you leave (the IC card is unlikely to get much use in Takayama and Shirakawago). However, that would be a hassle. IC cards stay valid for ten years without use, so if you think you (or anyone you know) may visit Japan in the future, keep it for that trip! I've been to Japan twice and am planning a third trip next year, and have kept my ICOCA from my first trip 3 years ago - still works like a charm (though getting a bit bent!).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which IC card for Osaka to Tokyo 2017/11/30 10:41
You could buy the ICOCA in Osaka and refund it before you leave, and then purchase a Suica in Tokyo and refund that before you leave (the IC card is unlikely to get much use in Takayama and Shirakawago). However, that would be a hassle. IC cards stay valid for ten years without use, so if you think you (or anyone you know) may visit Japan in the future, keep it for that trip! I've been to Japan twice and am planning a third trip next year, and have kept my ICOCA from my first trip 3 years ago - still works like a charm (though getting a bit bent!).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread