Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying in Japan: Scholarship 2017/11/30 21:03
Hello everybody,
This isn't entirely a travel-related question, but I was actually so lost and didn't know where to seek advice. Well, I am an african citizen born in Japan. I wish to pursue my master degree in Japan, I tried to apply to Japan's universities, but I'm ineligible for the primary scholarship (MEXT). I can't support myself financially. I really don't have any idea how to start. Should I first apply for universities and which one offer english based program or shoud I instead look for financial support ? As I was born in Japan can't I have some privilege ?

Please help I really don't know what to do!!
by nyj635  

Re: Studying in Japan: Scholarship 2017/12/1 13:01
I am an african citizen

Africa is not a country.

As I was born in Japan can't I have some privilege ?

I don't know of any scholarship that discriminates based on place of birth.

Anyway, see http://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/scholarships/brochure.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan: Scholarship 2017/12/1 16:26
if you are Japanese PR you are not qualify for scholarship...
you should visit japanese embassy in your country.
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan: Scholarship 2017/12/1 16:33
if you are Japanese PR you are not qualify for scholarship...

Nonsense.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan: Scholarship 2017/12/1 17:17
it was a mistake
Applicants with Japanese nationality are not eligible unless they are dual nationals of Japan and another country and reside outside of Japan at the time of application. Dual national applicants selected for the scholarship will be required renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan.
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Studying in Japan: Scholarship 2017/12/1 22:38
Actually, in my experience, the vast majority of scholarships require the applicant to hold a student visa. PR holders are ineligible (e.g. for any JASSO administered scholarship).
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread