Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 02:11
My husband working in Japan .he applied my coe application in Tokyo .. fatuba immigration lawyer agent told us that coe application come in 3 weeks ...but I searched on Google coe application takes long time ... I am very confused about processing time of coe ..plz help if anyone having same situations.
Can we check coe application status ?
by Vaishali (guest)  

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 08:17
It can take as little as a few weeks, or a couple of months - the precise time "depends". AFAIK there is not a way to check. The application process suggests a likely or possible time-frame - I think it was around 6 weeks.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 09:23
The official answer from immigration webpage is it will take about 1-3 months.
So it all depends on various factors holidays, documents, country of origins etc.
So if ur immigration lawyer says 3 weeks just wait till then, and check with lawyer again for updates. Make your money worth, ask for discount if lawyer can't promise on time.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 10:12
The official answer from immigration webpage is it will take about 1-3 months.

And even that is just an estimate and has no legal value. At the end of the day, it takes as long as is deemed necessary.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 13:10
@Firas
Seriously..?
But..but..it's written there black and white, it must be true .
(😏) duh...

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 13:17
It is written ABOUT 1-3 months. This means it can take longer, it can take shorter.
They do not mention it will be with in 3 months. the time is pending case by case.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 13:20
Any fast track process is available for coe like fast track visa ?
by Vaishali (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 14:49
I do not know what you cannot wait for the result but there is no fast process for COE.
If all documents are filled in correctly than your process would go smooth (this is different from fast process).

Once the COE is received it does not automatically means you will get a visa. If you do not meet the landing criteria, it is possible the Visa can be denied. But this will only be decided up on arrival.

Like many others, you just need to lean back and wait. If immigration needs more information they will contact you.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding dependent coe processing time 2017/12/4 15:15
Once the COE is received it does not automatically means you will get a visa. If you do not meet the landing criteria, it is possible the Visa can be denied. But this will only be decided up on arrival.

No. Visa and landing are different things. The visa is applied for (and can be denied) in the applicant's home country before leaving, and then landing is applied for (and can be denied) on arrival.

1. Apply for a CoE with the Immigration Bureau in Japan (usually, someone else applies on your behalf), unless you are exempt.

2. Apply for a visa at the embassy in your country of residence, unless you are exempt. (Though some visa types like WH can only be applied for at the embassy in your country of citizenship.)

3. Go to Japan and on arrival apply for a landing permission with the immigration official at the point of entry. No exemption here.

In all three cases the application can be denied, though for most people it is denied at the first opportunity.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread