Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worth for JR pass 2017/12/12 13:09
Hi I am here again asking to ask about transport pass. As last time I had asked before, since my itinerary in Tokyo no worth for any pass , how about my Kyoto itinerary after I amended.
Day1)Tokyo to Kyoto by Shinkasen, later visiting Kiyonizu temple and Nishiki Food market and back to Kyoto station.
Day2)Kyoto station to Kinkaku Ji temple, Arashiyama area and then back to Kyoto station again. (got time will vist some more temples)
Day3)Kyoto station to Fushimi Inari Shrine, Nara area and then back to Kyoto station again
Day4)Kyoto station to KIX airport.
That's my plan in Kyoto, it is worth to buy any pass such as Kensi pass or ..Etc

by beor  

Re: Worth for JR pass 2017/12/12 15:41
There are many rail pass calculators on the Internet; try Googling and use one of those. Alternatively, use Hyperdia (hyperdia.com/en) to calculate your train fares, and then compare the total cost to the cost of a pass.

Japanican sells discount shinkansen tickets for popular routes, including Tokyo-Kyoto.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worth for JR pass 2017/12/12 16:39
Day 2 3 and 4 don't need passes. You wont spend 1500-2000 per day.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worth for JR pass 2017/12/12 16:44
Tokyo to Kyoto is arount 13000 Y. Your hotel is near Kyoto Station?
In Kyoto - JR can be used for Arashiyama and Fushimi Inari, but even so it is not always best option.
I would buy eighter Kyoto daypass or single tickets.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worth for JR pass 2017/12/13 01:29
There's no way a full 7-day rail pass could pay off with that itinerary. You will save at least 10000 Y just paying individual fare.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worth for JR pass 2017/12/13 04:28
Individual tickets still end up cheaper. You can get a IC card like Pasmo and use it in both Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka.

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Worth for JR pass 2017/12/14 10:26
Dear All
thanks for all suggestion.
by beor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread