Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asa to Hagi, local train 2017/12/13 09:49
Hello.
I was checking out ways to go to Hagi and looking at the bus timetable for JR bus and the Bochi Super bus from Yamaguchi seems to arrive in Hagi around 10.40, but the local train leaving from Asa (accessable from Shinkansen) through Nagatoshi arrives an hour earlier. However, as it involves a 2 hour ride in a local train, is it worth it? What's the train ride like? I suppose there are no food carts or vending machines onboard.

There were regular Bochi buses to Hagi from Shin-Yamaguchi as well arriving 7.48 and 9.58 but taking 1,5 hours instead. Not sure what kind of buses this is compared to the "Super Bochi".

Thanks in advance for your help.
by guest (guest)  

Re: Asa to Hagi, local train 2017/12/13 12:59
It's going to be an old, small, probably one-car train, with a single track most of the way, with trains going the opposite directions meeting at stations. The only service on the train will be a seat, unless it's crowded (not very likely), and the driver will check/sell the tickets. Pretty relaxing with nice views, if you happen to like that kind of transport -- boring if not.

I haven't taken that train, but have stayed in Nagato and Hagi, and have driven along the train's route.
by vlumi rate this post as useful

Re: Asa to Hagi, local train 2017/12/13 16:28
Yeah single car Kiha 40 or Kiha 120 most likely. The Mine Line which most of your travels would be on isn't overly exciting. But if you like a relaxing trip looking through big windows at mountains and small towns. Then it might interest you.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread