Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there much open on New Years? 2017/12/14 15:13
Hi there. I'm new to the site.

I have just decided on a last minute basis to go to Japan for the first time and I am so excited.

I am going to be arriving just before 6pm in Tokyo and I want to make sure I can at least be able to get some food and maybe sightsee during the few days I am allocating to Tokyo!

I am going for about three weeks and I would love some suggestions as to where to go as well!
by Khaiger  

Re: Is there much open on New Years? 2017/12/14 15:59
I am going to be arriving just before 6pm in Tokyo and I want to make sure I can at least be able to get some food and maybe sightsee during the few days I am allocating to Tokyo!
I guess you mean you arrive on 1.1? Anyway Tokyo is not shutting down. Trains will run and you will not starve. Some restaurants may be closed but a city of over 10 million inhabitants is not going to be without food.
Regarding sightseeing a few attractions will be closed the first few days of the year. Just check their webpage before going there. But at the same time at shrines you will find special activities.

I am going for about three weeks and I would love some suggestions as to where to go as well!

There are many tips on this web page or you could also get a classic guide book.
This webpage here isnft a travel agency. You still need to plan your own trip and if then you have some specific questions feel free to come back here.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread