Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Resident Card is to be expired 2017/12/14 18:51
Hi all!

My resident card under Spouse Visa is to be expired in 20 days, so I have just applied for renewal. My concern is, it probably will take more than 30 days to be re-issued, and I will have to leave Japan for a short period of time with having expired residence card.

Is there any way that I could be approved to leave the country and come back with expired residence card? Will the airport immigration staff would know that it is currently in status of being re-issued?

Please help me..!
by Kris (guest)  

Re: Resident Card is to be expired 2017/12/15 10:47
Yes, you can leave Japan short term, no problem.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Resident Card is to be expired 2017/12/15 11:05
Actually, it is not so clear. The law says that immigration may extend the validity of your re-entry permit to cover the 2-month "grace period", not that it is automatically extended.

You should contact immigration about this, maybe they will suggest you apply for a real re-entry permit, instead of leaving on a "special" one.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Resident Card is to be expired 2017/12/15 11:07
it depends on your country ..
if you are from visa free countries ※ yes you can travel

if you are from countries that need visa to japan ※ No . is better to renew it because you will need it for your boarding pass or visa check and immigration check .
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread