Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yonaguni island 2017/12/16 23:24
Hi,
I cant seem to find so much info on the Yonaguni island here on JP guide, other than the ferry taking 4,5 hours. I will be making a 5 night stay in Ishigaki island. How much time would be recommended if visitinng Yonaguni? If there is only one ferry, I suppose 2 night stay is a minimum? Or is it not very much to see other than it being the westernmost island in Japan?
by guest (guest)  

Re: Yonaguni island 2017/12/17 20:27
Hello,
I've been to Yonaguni Island before.
I really loved it there. I stayed a few days. There's certainly enough to do to stay more than 1 day, especially if you want to try diving as well. After all there are the underwater ruins waiting for you. Don't miss out on them.

Why ferry? There are also direct flights from Ishigaki to Yonaguni, so you might want to look into that as well.

I haven't had the time to write a detailed blog post about Yonaguni, but I've shared some information about it here if you're interested:
http://zoomingjapan.com/travel/yaeyama-islands/
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Yonaguni island 2017/12/18 07:30
Hi
Thanks for your answer.

I am not into diving though so maybe it is not worth the trip all the way there? I noticed the flights but as they seem quite expensive I was rsther thinking about the ferry.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yonaguni island 2017/12/21 01:55
It's simply a beautiful island and it's quite remote, so if you want to get away from everything and just chill while enjoying beautiful nature, it's worth the trip. Up to you. :)
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Yonaguni island 2017/12/21 19:16
Alright :) I'll see what my budget allows me to do in the end. I will probably end up in Ishigaki to start. And as that is a 3,5 hour flight from Tokyo it feels very remote in comparison (but i guess more tourists on Ishigaki than Yonaguni hmm...

I have been to Yakushima once and I took a flight from Kagoshima because I am quite prone to seasickness (and I heard the ferry could be cancelled, which I found out the plane could be as well because severall flights were cancelled from Kagoshima as I was returning from Yakushima because of fog).

I found it quite remote as well and I loved the nature and would have loved to return but it was quite a hassle to get there because of the risk of getting stranded in Kagoshima or Yakushima.

Anyway. I will return with a report next summer if where I ended up in the end :)
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread