Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

12 Days and 11 Nights Trip to Japan 2017/12/18 16:55
Hi

I would like to ask for a trip recommendation. My family and I ( Wife and 11 months baby) tentatively will be in Japan from 26 March 2018 - 7 April 2018. We will enter the country via Kansai airport (KIX).

Our plan is to start from Kyoto - Hiroshima - Tokyo and our last destination is Osaka before flying back to Malaysia. I would like to ask for an advise on the following matters:

1. Are the selected locations ok?
2. How many days to spend at every locations?
3. Should I consider Takayama instead of Hiroshima from the list?

Please advise.

Cheers and Regards

Jim

by Jim Shah  

Re: 12 Days and 11 Nights Trip to Japan 2017/12/18 18:19
Depends on your interest! :) Please read the relevant sections for each of the cities you've selected.

Please have a look at an itinerary suggested by this website just as an example:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_osaka_10.html

Please note that this is a rather medium- to fast-paced travelers, who don't mind moving from one place (hotel) to another frequently. I don't know how you feel about traveling with your small child. Enjoy planning as well!
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 12 Days and 11 Nights Trip to Japan 2017/12/19 00:52
Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima (with some sights in between) is often called the "Golden Route". That is the route many tourists take, and for good reason. There is no shortage of things to do and see on that route.

I would advise looking at travel guides (like this website for example) about each destination and plan out what you would like to do in each area. That will help you decide how many days to stay.

As a sample itinerary, maybe start here: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_osaka_10.html

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 12 Days and 11 Nights Trip to Japan 2017/12/19 03:21
As you only have 12 days I would leave Hiroshima out & concentrate on Kyoto & Tokyo. There is plenty there for twice that time & you don't want to be rushing about. I would definitely add in a day trip to Nara.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: 12 Days and 11 Nights Trip to Japan 2017/12/19 04:03
I would spend the most time in Kyoto, then Tokyo, and Hiroshima(Miyajima).
Number of nights in Kyoto-Hiroshima(Miyajima)-Tokyo: 5-2-4 or 6-2-3, depending on your interests. Consider one of the days in Kyoto to be a day trip to Nara.

by Miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 12 Days and 11 Nights Trip to Japan 2017/12/19 11:41
Thank You for the advices folks. I'll look into your guides. Cheers
by Jim Shah rate this post as useful

reply to this thread