Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

General itinerary advice much appreciated 2017/12/21 17:36
Hi All

I have been to Japan 6 times before and am planning my 7th trip in End of April and May 2018. On this trip I hope to see some new places I havenft been to before but my main plan is to meet up with my friend on his working holiday and travel around with him.

My question is, where should I go allowing for approx 3 weeks and where should I show my friend as must see sights/places

He has been only to Tokyo and Hakuba

I have been to Tokyo, Kamakura, Nikko, Fujisan, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Miyajima, Hiroshima and a couple of other places

All advice greatly appreciated
by Main777 (guest)  

Re: General itinerary advice much appreciated 2017/12/22 11:08
Kyushu, northern Honshu (e.g. Tohoku) and Hokkaido sound like good starting points.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: General itinerary advice much appreciated 2017/12/22 16:01
Show your friend this webpage and ask him/her where she wants to go. There are ideas here to fill 2-3 months of traveling through Japan.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: General itinerary advice much appreciated 2017/12/22 16:18
@Likebike is completely right. Ask your friend what they want to see and you can have the pleasure of showing them. Otherwise for you Tohoku or Kyushu seem the obvious places.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: General itinerary advice much appreciated 2017/12/25 16:58
Thank you all for the advice

Will take it on board and see where my friend wants to visit

Thanks
by Main777 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: General itinerary advice much appreciated 2017/12/25 17:14
In your previous six trips, you've covered very little of the country. Mainly the common Hiroshima to Tokyo line. And surprised to see you have covered so little in six trips.

Kyushu, Shikoku, northern Chigoku, most of Chubu, Tohoku and Hokkaido haven't been touched. So much to see and do.

As above advised, look through this website, there will be many places you find to see.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: General itinerary advice much appreciated 2017/12/26 17:23
you can check my tohoku trip, which is 3 weeks duration and the final result (check google maps in the topic) was produced with the help of really a lot of knowledgeable persons, native locals, books and so on, including a lot of secret spots.
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+158274
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread