Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi booking services? 2017/12/21 18:05
We are aiming to arrive at Kotohira on the last day of the year - 31 Dec, coming from Matsuyama on the highway bus (not the train, given hotel location and luggage).

The Zentsuji stop (高速善通寺おりば) on the Takamatsu express way is the closest bus stop to Kotohira on this highway bus route (botchan line).

Is there a possibility to book a taxi from that exact location to Kotohira, at a specified time? Since it is 31 Dec we do not think there will be taxis we can flag down on the road in that area.

We want to avoid having to walk to Konzoji Station (nearest station on Dosan line), or else the next alternative is to go all the way to Ritsurin garden (where Ritsurin-Koen Station is 500m away on a straight road) then use the Kotoden to Kotohira, wasting 1.5hours in the distance.

Appreciate any help! Thank you so much!
by newyeartravel (guest)  

Re: Taxi booking services? 2017/12/22 11:39
Looks like you can use the Japan Taxi smartphone app in that area. Yes, it works.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi booking services? 2017/12/22 11:56
Hello Firas thank you for your reply!

Do you have a recommended taxi app I can download from app store? Best it can work like Ub*r where you can pinpoint pick up and drop off location and it can give an actual/estimated fare.

My biggest concern is it being 31 Dec and it seems to be this is the period of time when majority of Japnese services are stopped.

Thanks!
by newyeartravel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi booking services? 2017/12/22 12:03
There is only one, just search "Japan Taxi", you'll find it.

Re: Taxi booking services? 2017/12/22 12:32
Oh did not realize that was the namesake!
Found the app, thanks a lot! seems like reservation service needs account registration and overseas details are not accepted.

Think I will take my chances on the day to get one, and if all else fails, walk to Konzoji station :)

Thank you so much!
Merry Christmas!
by newyeartravel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi booking services? 2017/12/22 13:06
seems like reservation service needs account registration and overseas details are not accepted.

It's been a while since I created my account, but when I look at my account settings page it only has my e-mail address and phone number (and you can use a foreign one). I am on Android, though.

reply to this thread