Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Naturalization result 2017/12/21 21:34
I am living in Japan since 13 years. My tax record, health insurance, pension is clear. I dont have crime record too. I satisfy all the conditions for kika. I applied naturalization before 8 month. There is no any comment from homukyoku regarding withdraw, losing eligibility(Ž‘Ši) after application till now. If some people lose eligibility after application, homukyoku withdraw the application by giving notification that you lose eligibility. That did not happen in my case even if I lost job after application because my wife has regular income. I got new job too and reported the same to homukyoku. I saw some lawyer site saying that if there is no serious directions/notification from homukyoku within 6 to 8 months after application, it s sign of success. Anybody got rejected after 8 months? Please share is anybody has similar experience.
by waiting (guest)  

Re: Naturalization result 2017/12/22 10:30
Just wait. I believe mine took close to a year.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2017/12/23 19:53
Thanks Paul. I hope to get result by March end.
by waiting (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/4/2 17:13
Hi waiting (guest) ,
I wonder if you have received any result from Homukyoku yet? I had submitted my application in Jun-2017 and interview was done in Sep-2017 but I have not received any notification for Homukyoku.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/4/5 10:14
Dear Kevin,

I got my result in Feb end as positive. It took 10 months almost. I hope your result will come this month or next month. If more than 8 months passed and application under process means almost successful as per my experience and information. Please write me here if you need more information.

Re: Naturalization result 2018/4/17 09:05
good morning guys,
i have decided to start this journy so i contacted ministry of justice covering my area and they gave me appointment on june 1st.

Please what are your experience . and steps you guys took.

thanks for sharing with us.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/4/19 22:30
It has been 8 months after my application for naturalization. When I officially submitted all the documents for application, I was told by the caseworker that the investigation takes from 1 up to 3 years. Also, reading other applicants for naturalization online, it sounds waiting for a 1 year is normal. There are cases of people who waited almost two years.
After waiting for 8 months, I am not worried at all. The best thing to do is to think that you are going to get a positive result and do not expect to get the result anytime soon. Assume that you will have to wait at least for two years to get the result.
Good luck.
by justagaijin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/6/29 15:43
Hello Kevin,

My case is similar to yours. I had also submitted my application in Jun-2017 and interview was done in Sep-2017 but I have not received any notification for Homukyoku yet. I wonder if you have received any response from Homukyoku. Please let us know so that everyone can know how long it takes in actual case.

by yokoso (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/7/3 15:18
Hi Yokoso,

I have applied in Aug 2018 and received the interview in December 2018. The current trend shows that waiting period of result is around 10 months (after the interview). Where did you apply ? Tokyo Homukyoku ?
by JJTomin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/7/4 10:25
I had applied in Nagoya on Apr 2017. And I was interviewed in April end on same month. I think in tokyo, the application accepted date and interview date has big gap due to more applications. Please just wait. If your record is clear, it will not take more than year, they will call you once declared. It has been around year since your application is processed. I think you will get positive result. Tokyo immigration and homykyoku are busy due to huge application load.

Re: Naturalization result 2018/7/4 10:26
I got positive result in Feb end this year.

Re: Naturalization result 2018/7/4 22:03
Thanks for the information.
Let me wait few more months.
by JJTomin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/7/6 22:06
I also got a positive result this month. I wish you good luck.
by justagaijin rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result 2018/7/9 09:42
good day everyone,

all my documents they requested from me ,will be ready by end of this month .. hopefully i will be submitting them by end of next month.

i have Questions:
1, on my first visit my case officer gave me one form to fill up some information. will he still give me other forms ?

2, what should i expect on my 1st interview?.
3, do you guys had home visit or office visit from homukyouku?.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread