Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What visa do I need to volunteer in japan? 2017/12/21 21:56
Im a british national volunteering at a ski resort in japan next April. On the workaway website it says a visa is needed to volunteer, but i cant work out which one when looking on the Japanese government website. If you can answer please help!
by clister  

Re: What visa do I need to volunteer in japan? 2017/12/22 11:10
Presumably you will be volunteering in exchange for food and board? In that case, you would need some kind of work visa, since that's what you are doing - exchanging labour for payment. Consider a working holiday visa.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What visa do I need to volunteer in japan? 2018/4/22 05:10
So, can you tell us how you eventually managed visa wise? 🙂 I'm hoping to go to Japan for one month and volunteering for a few weeks there.
Thanks for your experience
by Liza (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What visa do I need to volunteer in japan? 2018/4/22 09:46
Working holiday visa would be the obvious choice, as it doesn't require a company to sponsor you. However, it's not open to all nationalities (e.g. US citizens can't apply for one).

If you are receiving any kind of payment or compensation for volunteering (including accommodation and food), you need some type of working visa.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What visa do I need to volunteer in japan? 2018/4/22 17:40
Yep, working holiday, mate.
by R. Beit (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread