Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto itinery 2017/12/29 07:52
Hi all,
I have 2 days in Kyoto need help with itinery to see all these things hopefully in a good order no backtracking etc.
Kinkaku-ji
Kiyomizu-dera
Nijo Jo
Daigo-ji
Gion
Potcho alley
Tenryu ji temple
Arachiyama bamboo groves and monkey park.
Nishiki market
I have a 3rd day I have set aside for Nara and thought I would fit Fushimi inari then..
Sorry I Kno u have prob been asked this before but I have info overload.
Just looking for some help arranging them into a good order and geographically..
I.e day 1 day 2 and maybe anything else I could fit into my 3rd day Nara?

Appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
by Ladashi  

Re: Kyoto itinery 2017/12/29 17:36
Plot the places on a map of Kyoto. Decide how long you'd like to spend at each location by reading about them. Use Arukumachi (Google it) for public transport information in Kyoto. Choose an order based on these things.

This website has some Kyoto day itineraries that may help you organise your destinations (they also suggest time spent at some locations).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto itinery 2017/12/29 19:48
That is a lot for two days...

Day one...
Arrive Arashiyama bamboo groves first 7-8 am
then Tenryu ji temple
then bridge area
then monkey park
then travel to Kinkaku-ji

Day two
Arrive Kiyomizu-dera first 7-8am
then walk through Higashiyama district to Gion
then Potcho alley + Nishiki market
then to Nijo Jo

Both days will take about 7-8 hours to complete

I cannot find a place for Daigo-ji as it is far away of the others and you'll need 45-60 minutes each way to get to it.

As above, please us a map to confirm each sights location. I may have switched one around my mistake.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread