Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Liquids in checked luggage OK? 2017/12/30 10:28
Flying Japan to Europe. About the no liquids thing..is it OK to have liquids (Not Duty Free, and in their shop bought regular sizes and packing. E.g. shampoo) in checked luggage and if so are there limits such as with carry-on liquids?
by John (guest)  

Re: Liquids in checked luggage OK? 2017/12/30 11:48
You can put shampoo, conditioner, and other like non-inflammable liquid items in your check-in luggage. The worst that can happen is that, under pressure they squeeze out. I put them into plastic ziplock bags, and also wrap in newspaper, so if this happens then the liquid doesn't cover other items like clothes. If I pack a partly used shampoo, I duct tape the lid firmly. With regards your hand lugguage, all liquids, gels, etc must be under 100mls, and in a ziplock bag that is shown to the inspecting staff, when going through customs, immigration etc. I have found the airport staff at Narita to be some of the most polite, helpful people that I have encountered in international airports.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Liquids in checked luggage OK? 2017/12/31 06:45
As said, up to 100ml is OK in your check-in bags. Anything larger must be in your checked bags. Use your clothes are insulation as much as possible.

And if transiting somewhere along the way, do not buy any duty free booze before your transit location - any such purchase becomes part of your carry-on, and when you go though screening again at the transit city, anything over 100ml will be seized. It's always best to buy any after you get through security or on your last flight before you land in your home country.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Liquids in checked luggage OK? 2017/12/31 06:47
I meant to say "up to 100ml is OK in your carry-on bags".
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread