Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/3 12:40
When you pay (city hall, or contact number they supply for such recycling) to have an old air con recycled does the cost include actual disconnection/dismantling of the air con and outside unit, or just the collection? In Nagoya area.
by Thomas (guest)  

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/3 16:46
I believe you'd need to contact the retailer who sold you the unit (or the retailer from whom you are buying a new one to replace the old one) to ask about it. If you don't know, you could ask another home appliance retailer in your neighborhood.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/3 17:23
Not possible. Don't know where it was bought and was a while back. Not buying another, but moving back home.

I know I could 'ask another home appliance retailer in your neighborhood', but my Japanese comm skills are not good, so I thought I'd try here, before other options.
by Thomas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/3 18:21
As far as I know, the air con installation/disconnection is something best left to the professionals. There seem to be some contractors who drive around with a truck and say they are willing to pick up unwanted stuff for free, but some are of dubious nature (and after they are done they could charge you hefty).

And unlike other "large garbage," which the city hall picks up, I believe the manufacturers and the sellers are responsible for the disposal. The fee you pay at the retailer will include (or at least have the option of having) dismantling.

If you want to try a retailer in your neighborhood, I could give you some phrases in kanji/kana so you can print out this page and show it.

1. As I am going back to my country, I would like to have the air con in my current apartment picked up for recycling.
帰国するので、今住んでいるアパートのエアコンの引き取りとリサイクルをお願いしたいのですが。

2. Can I ask you to remove it too?
取り外しもお願いできますか。

3. The manufacturer and the model is:
メーカーと機種は: です。

4. It's the usual residential type air con, with the indoor unit on the wall and the outdoor unit on the balcony.
室内機が壁取り付け、室外機がベランダ設置の、一般住宅タイプのエアコンです。

5. My address is: (fill it in with your address)
住所は:

6. It's on the Xth floor of the building, and there is an elevator/there is no elevator.
建物のX階で、エレベータがあります/ エレベータはありません。

7. How much is the charge?
料金はいくらですか。

8. When can you do that? I am moving out on (AA month BB day).
いつお願いできますか。引っ越す日はAA月BB日です。

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/4 01:44
It seems I need to repeat my question...

Does the cost include actual disconnection/dismantling of the air con and outside unit, or just the collection?

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/4 02:01
Thomas,We Hundreds of Foreigners if not thousands,had no such kind of experience until now.
Because We Millions of Foreigners with our Tourist visa,Maximum time stay in Hotel,Ryokan,Minshuku
So our Air Con services provided by Hotel,Ryokan owner.So it will be best to go city Hall.and ask your
problem and How to solve.They will tell you,the correct amount you need to recycle.I think collection
cost will be 20000 yen by home appliance retailer .
by jisan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/4 07:22
No.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/4 08:14
Jisan

Stop trolling. Go away.

Guest with 'no'. Thanks. Finally an answer to my simple question.

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/4 08:23
I was trying to explain that the fee you pay the retailer will include dismantling (or will have the option) and that the city hall will not collect air con, as air con is sublject to recycling law, so there is no fee you simply pay to the city hall. And you refused to understand.

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/4 09:06
In my city, they take stuff away, not the dismantling part of things. I don't think the staff are qualified for anything more than getting large/heavy/bulky items onto the truck.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Air Con disconect/recycle? 2018/1/4 09:44
Apologies. I missed some of your key points in the long translation section.

I appreciate your info, so thank you!

reply to this thread