Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning my next year trip 2018/1/5 10:02
So far I've traveled 3 times to Japan and next time I want to visit Hokkaido for the first time.

I'll post my itinerary, give me feedbacks.

2/08 I arrive at Nagoya very early, 8 AM, activate JR Pass pick lugagge and pick shinkansen to Sendai to rest and eat some gyutan. Takes 4 h from Nagoya.

03/08 I have either 2 choices: 1- Go Akita Kanto festival (no acommodation yet, can't find, any tips) or 2- go to Morioka and Hiraizumi and see Sansa Odori at afternoon. Which one is better Kanto or Sansa? how to book in Akita?

04/08 Nebuta festival in Aomori

05/08 Hakodate

06/08 Lake Toya (is it worth visiting? one day enough from Hakodate and come back?)

07/08 Sapporo (4 h from hakodate) Half day spent in Hakodate and after lunch go to Sapporo.

08/08 Sapporo

09/08Sapporo and Otaru

10/08 Furano (worth visiting during middle August?)

11/08 Noboribetsu and Porotokotan

12/08 Tokyo and rest after long journey mainly.

13/08 Tokyo

14 and 15 Climb Mount Fuji

16 and 17 Tokyo

18 and 19 Kyoto

20 Tottori from Kyoto (is doable right)

21 Kyoto

22 coming to Nagoya by bus and spend a day there.

23 Back to my country
by Peter1986  

Re: Planning my next year trip 2018/1/5 20:43
Still to early to book accommodations for 2019. Even if you meant 2018, it's most likely too early to find all accommodations available. I'd check in about 3-4 months unless you're a Toyoko Inn member and then you can check in February.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Planning my next year trip 2018/1/6 00:59
Sorry I meant fort August 2018.
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Planning my next year trip 2018/1/6 01:52
As for visiting Hokkaido in the middle of August, I've done it and you can see some photos and a detailed travel report here if you're interested:
http://zoomingjapan.com/travel/hokkaido-in-summer/

Lake Toya is totally worth it.
Don't underestimate the travel time in Hokkaido. The spots you plan to visit are all quite far away from each other. Even if you go by rental car, it'll take time!

Tottori from Kyoto: Are you talking about Kyoto City or Kyoto Prefecture.
If you're in the north of Kyoto Prefecture (e.g. Amanohashidate), it's certainly not so far.
If you're looking for day trips from Kyoto, here's an extensive list:
http://zoomingjapan.com/travel/day-trips-from-kyoto/

Enjoy your trip. :)
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Planning my next year trip 2018/1/6 06:59
If this is your first time to Japan. I don't think you have allocated enough time for Tokyo and Kyoto. But 2-3 full days is the bare minimum you can work with depending on what you wanna see.

Tottori day trip from Kyoto will be a long day. Doable but long.

Unless visiting Yamadera and/or MatsushimaI, don't understand the stop in Sendai.?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Planning my next year trip 2018/1/6 07:03
Two days ago I was looking for accommodation for September 2018. There was plenty where I was looking on booking websites. You can start looking now and fill in the gaps later on.

I always use booking sites with free cancellations up to one day before arrival. Allows me to change plans to switch to a cheaper found option later on. Saved over $1000 AUD doing this on my 2017 trip.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread