Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question on 90 day temporary visitor status 2018/1/8 07:55
Just thinking a bout a quick vacation in Tokyo, I'm from USA so I go on a temporary 90 day visitor waiver. While in Tokyo I would like to depart Japan and fly to Seoul and return to Japan to continue my vacation for a few more days then depart from Narita to USA.

When I arrive at first in Tokyo, I will have a return ticket to the USA (about 14 days later). I will use a separate itinerary on a discount airline to make a round-trip from Seoul to Tokyo during my Japan trip.

From the immigration perspective do you think there would be any problem with this plan? Thanks in advance for any opinions.
by CD20  

Re: Question on 90 day temporary visitor status 2018/1/8 11:51
I see no problem with your plan at all.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question on 90 day temporary visitor status 2018/1/8 11:57
I did something similar a couple of years ago - main visit in Japan with a few days in S. Korea on a discount airline.

When I was leaving Seoul to return to Osaka the airline person asked if I had my return ticket from Japan to the US. Well, I didn't - it never occurred to me as I was going back to Japan for another couple of weeks. Anyway I ran around like a maniac to get a copy from the American Airlines office there - a real pain as I didn't have access to my email with the reservation code - anyway I got it and of course no one asked to see it....

Just a fyi to have it with you...
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Question on 90 day temporary visitor status 2018/1/8 12:55
Thanks for the great replies.
by CD20 rate this post as useful

Re: Question on 90 day temporary visitor status 2018/1/8 12:56
Airlines often ask to see proof of return/onward travel because if you get rejected by Immigration, the airine is on the hook for your flight home.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread