Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji buses and Mt Fuji viewing 2018/1/9 11:39
Hi

I would like to check if the Omni Green Bus and Retro bus, do they both go the same routes?
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/heritage-tour/detail/id/1/

Also, it says no.67 Nenba Minshuku(Minshuku Guesthouse) from the link is a good place to view Mt Fuji. But when I check google map, surrounding are all houses. Do you know how I can have a good view of Mt Fuji from Nenba Minshuku(Minshuku Guesthouse)?

Thanks very much

Andrew
by Fushi1  

Re: Fuji buses and Mt Fuji viewing 2018/1/9 17:20
I thought the "retro" bus only referred to the style of the bus. You need to check which route they run - one of green, red, or blue (as marked on the map).

Nenba Minshuku is not just one inn - actually it is a group of inns, like a small village. Maybe that is what you saw as houses. And "minshuku" is usually a small house, so you cannot expect to see the mountain right from the window or something, but you'd go out to the shore of Lake Saiko to view Mt. Fuji.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji buses and Mt Fuji viewing 2018/1/9 17:30
For viewing Mt. Fuji, I actually recommend either staying in a hotel on the north shore of Lake Kawaguchi (close to where the Red Line ends on the north shore), or taking the "Pleasure Cruiser" (sightseeing boat) ride on Lake Kawaguchi.

It is true, I took the Green Line around Lake Saiko, but because of the hills in between (marked by the green mountains in the map), the view of Mt. Fuji was somewhat blocked.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji buses and Mt Fuji viewing 2018/1/9 23:50
Thanks for the feedback :)

I would like to ask if I have to pre-book the Omni Green bus? Because it looks small and I am afraid I can't get any seats on the bus and the next interval would be too long for me.

Thank you
by Fushi1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread