Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long to ship from Tokyo to the U.S.? 2018/1/11 12:11
Hello, while visiting Tokyo in mid November, I shipped 2 packages home to the United States, via Japan Post. I have the receipts and tracking numbers. When I search using the Japan Post tracking, the information states that the packages never left Japan, and it's been 2 months. Is this normal? I heard that a package could take 2 months to ship, but they haven't even left Japan yet according to the tracking. Thank you for any help or advice. It does not appear that someone can submit an investigation from outside Japan.
by Danielle Kreeger (guest)  

Re: How long to ship from Tokyo to the U.S.? 2018/1/11 13:09
What shipping method was it?

If you sent via EMS (express mail service), it should be fully trackable (or at least until it leaves Japan). If you sent it via regular air mail or surface mail, I don't think there is tracking available.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How long to ship from Tokyo to the U.S.? 2018/1/11 13:24
It was shipped international and I was given CP......JP tracking numbers. Tracking search shows they were still being prepared for shipment, still in Japan as of Nov 17.
by Danielle Kreeger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long to ship from Tokyo to the U.S.? 2018/1/11 13:50
I think I remember hearing once that it's common for shipping information to not be updated before it reaches the country of origin. So perhaps that's the case - it's on its way, and the information is just not being updated.

Perhaps contact Japan Post to ask.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long to ship from Tokyo to the U.S.? 2018/1/11 14:11
Sorry but "international" doesn't say much. Was it EMS, air mail, or surface mail (ocean)?

If they were in Japan as of Nov. 17 (and does NOT say in Japan as of now), they it must have been shipped via a method that was not trackable. If it was sent via surface mail, it can take over two months.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread