Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sending luggage within Japan 2018/1/11 17:28
Hi All,

I will be visiting Japan again and this time round together with my 2 young gals next week. Since i am taking JR from Tokyo to Hakodate. Thus, i plan to send my luggage instead of lugging them with me.

1. How Iong will it take from Tokyo to the hotel in Hakodate?
2. How much will it cost me, assuming I am using size 29' luggage bag?

Thanks!
by CanonA95  

Re: Sending luggage within Japan 2018/1/12 17:39
1. Overnight if you give it to them before 3pm the day before.
2. You can check the companies website for costs.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Sending luggage within Japan 2018/1/12 19:46
I have a related question: Is same-day delivery something that exists for short distances, say, from New Chitose Airport at 9am to Sapporo in time for check-in that afternoon?
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Sending luggage within Japan 2018/1/12 20:44
No
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending luggage within Japan 2018/1/13 00:03
There is same day, but it is only in a few select locations. Hakone has a Hakone Baggage delivery service, where if you get a bag to them by 1, it will be same day delivered to your hotel in Hakone. TDR has a same day service at their Welcome Center in Maihama for TDR hotels, but I'm not sure of the cost or if it is even worth it. I think I read somewhere Kyoto was testing a service like that as well.

But again, these are very limited places with same day service. I found for most bags the price was between 1000-2000 yen. I sent some awful big suitcases from Kyoto to Tokyo for around 2000 yen a piece last June from my hotel in Kyoto to my hotel in Tokyo.

Enjoy your trip!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Sending luggage within Japan 2018/1/13 08:21
Tokyo-Hakodate is one easy change (at Shin-Hakodate), and while the over-night service is good for a lot of people, it is still inconvenient for a lot of others.
Last I read about "same day" services was a trial/service in Osaka, but for visiting tourists it doesn't seem like a particularly useful service as most people do not simply move across town, they travel between cities.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread