Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry blossom views from Yoshino Mountain 2018/1/12 17:11
Hi everyone,

I know this may be a silly question to some, but it's a pertinent one to me as I do not intend on entering the temples on Yoshino Mountain. I was wondering if it was possible for me to just hike up to a point on the mountain and see the nice cherry blossom views, without going to the temple viewpoints?

I am unsure about this as in most threads, people only make mention of how they get into temple after another to see the views of the beautiful cherry blossoms from the mountain. So I was really wondering if I would have to pass through a temple in order to climb the mountain, or enter a temple in order to get nice views. Basically the main aim here is to not have to enter a temple at all, so if at any point I would have to if I decided to go Yoshino Mountain, then I would definitely take it off the list.

Would appreciate if someone could help me out on this, because I doubt I'd be able find any comments or threads on this matter. Many thanks in advance and I really appreciate it guys! :)
by Megan (guest)  

Re: Cherry blossom views from Yoshino Mountain 2018/1/12 18:48
The most popular viewpoint is not located inside a temple, so no troubles! Just follow everyone else up the mountain. I'd recommend getting there as early as possible; I took a 6.30 am train out of Kyoto and got to the viewpoint around 10 am. It was fairly uncrowded then, but within an hour was swamped!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom views from Yoshino Mountain 2018/1/12 19:34
The Yoshino section of this website has good Sakura viewing information.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4152.html
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom views from Yoshino Mountain 2018/1/23 15:50
Thank you so much everyone for your great advice :) it's a relief to hear that I don't have to enter the temples to get to good vantage points. However, I just want to clarify one more thing, so that would mean I don't have to pass through any temple for the entrance to the mountain?

Because I've read in a blogger's post, that when he entered the "entrance" of the mountain it was through a temple. So I just want to clarify this. Would appreciate any replies! Once I get this clarification I can confirm my day trip to the mountain.
by Megan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom views from Yoshino Mountain 2018/1/23 16:29
The only times I entered temples was deliberately to visit the temple. I don't recall needing to go through a temple to get to the most popular viewpoint. Perhaps the writer walked through a shrine gate (torii) and thought that meant they were entering religious grounds, when it was not yet the shrine itself?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom views from Yoshino Mountain 2018/1/23 16:40
Yes I do suppose it was a Shrine gate he walked through that I saw from the blog's photos. I guess if it's just a shrine gate I have to pass through while climbing up the mountain that's fine. Thank you so much everyone! Been a great help
by Megan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread