Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tattoos in japan visit 2018/1/13 01:55
Hello just wondering if anyone whos been or lives in japan about tattoos me and my friend both tattoos
both got a sleeve and back pieces but i have half sleeve on my other arm too where just wonder where we wouldn't be able to have our tattoos on show i know onsen and water parks.
I know out of respect not to have the showing in temples and shines.
we got no problem if we got to cover them up we will show respect if where asked to cover up or if where not allowed to enter.
where both massive manga fans and gamers and just wondering if we woukd get turned away from any stores or arcades any information would be most useful.
by dbo (guest)  

Re: Tattoos in japan visit 2018/1/13 10:17
This is asked very, very frequently. Search this forum, search the TripAdvisor forum, search Google, search the Reddit Japan Travel subreddit (they also have an excellent FAQ section, which will include information about tattoos).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos in japan visit 2018/1/13 11:02
You will be fine.
by answer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos in japan visit 2018/1/13 14:50
Lots of visitors to Japan have visible tattoos and do not have any issues. There is an increasing number of Japanese as well (there is a long tradition of ink in the country too - the stigma is recent and ignorance).
Some onsen and water parks have prohibitions, and I have even seen local bylaws prohibiting visible tattoos on public beaches. Sounds like you will be fine.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread