Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 02:58
Hi,
I am heading from Fukuoka to Tokyo and I found the shinkansen takes 6 hours when using JR Pass (5 hours if using Nozomi train) and being quite expensive with 22000 JPY.

I was thinking if there were any night trains or buses from Fukuoka to Tokyo to save some time?
by guest (guest)  

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 10:02
There are only two night trains still in operation in Japan and neither goes to Fukuoka. I don't know a lot about the buses. You can fly from Fukuoka to Haneda. If you use one of the air passes, it would be around 10,000-12,000 yen and there might be discount airfares as well. It's about 1.5 hour by plane from Fukuoka to Haneda.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 10:09
Hakata-go bus is the overnight bus. I forget the company name but I'm sure a google search will find if.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 15:44
Flying would definitely be a good idea. There are some offers and some discounted ticket specially for tourists.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 16:05
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 16:07
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 21:33
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

Is it possible to fly any cheaper than using the "Air Pass" of ANA or JAL? Maybe it is very cheap already? :)

I will look into the links, thank you!
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 22:14
If flying is an option, I'd recommend Skymark. They are a good budget airline, and they have a route from Fukuoka to Haneda(Tokyo).

See: http://www.skymark.co.jp/en/

Flying might be a bit more expensive than bus, but most likely cheaper than the aforementioned 22000JPY. And certainly a lot faster.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/15 22:16
Yes you can check with Peach and JetStar and the other discount airlines. Some of them fly into Narita though vs. Haneda so you will have the additional travel time/expense of that.

I don't know... considering you can fly ANA/JAL for 10,000 or so yen and be in Tokyo in under 2 hours or take a night bus for 7500 yen (assuming you can book and pay 45 days out...) Unless you are looking to save a nights hotel accommodation why pick a much longer trip where you might not be your best when you arrive. Me, I'm old and sleeping on a bus looks incredibly uncomfortable and you're just not saving that much money.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/16 03:49
A bus from Fukuoka to Tokyo wouldnft be an overnight bus. Itfs overnight to Osaka. Then you transfer to an all day bus from Osaka to Tokyo. Itfs only 8000-10000 yen, but itfs like 20 hours on the bus. Ifd fly if you can.

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka to Tokyo night train/bus? 2018/1/16 03:57
I would definitly fly considering spending 20 hours on a bus.... I feel flying for 9 hours is a mess (I usually get bored and want to get off after 3 hours...).

I will be flying into Fukuoka airport actually.

Would it be cheaper to reserve the whole trip to Fukuoka and then Fukuoka-Tokyo? Unless it is impossible considering I will be in Fukuoka for a few days before heading off to Tokyo...

I know when I flew before with a connection from Chubu to Kagoshima the fare only grew a few thousand yen compared to buying a separate ticket, but that transfer was made the day of arrival to Chubu airport...
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread