Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sapporo to Asahikawa in one day snow festival 2018/1/15 08:17
Hello

I am planning on being in Sapporo for this coming snow festival - do you think it is possible to travel to Asahikawa for the day to see the snow festival/sculptures there - I am unsure as to how much time I need to spend there after dark to see the festival, the size of the area that it is in and how far away from the train station- would I have enough time to get a train back to Sapporo - I am concerned if there would be train delays because of the snow at that time of year.

Any advice would be appreciated.
by Gayee  

Re: Sapporo to Asahikawa in one day snow festival 2018/1/15 15:48
Could you clarify if you want to see the Sapporo and Asahikawa snow festival on the same day? Or is the question if you can station yourself in Sapporo and do a daytrip to Asahikawa. Sorry, for me your original question is not clear.

Thanks
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo to Asahikawa in one day snow festival 2018/1/15 17:04
Sorry for not wording my question clearly -I will be basing myself in Sapporo and want to go for a day trip to Asahikawa to see if in the daylight and night time -thank you
by Gayee rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo to Asahikawa in one day snow festival 2018/1/15 18:28
I donft see a problem with doing Asahikawa as a day trip from Sapporo. The train takes about 1.5 hours (there are also some slower ones). So you could go in the morning and return after you saw the lights in the evening. It will get dark early, so even if you take a train back at 20:00 you still have some time to admire snow sculptures in the dark.

If you go to Asahikawa in winter look out for the Pinguin walk on the zoo. Should be cute.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread