Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japinoy registered but did not go to Japan 2018/1/15 10:12
Hi! I'm a japinay living in the Phils. My mom and dad were married here. But they separated and the last support i received from my dad was when i was 15. According to my mom, my dad registered me in Japan. I'm entirely sure if that's true, but we used to have the yellow papers written in japanese, I'm not sure if that's for the registration. I was invited multiple times by grandmother to stay in japan for few months but i was too young and was afraid to leave my mother in the Philippines. I'm now 22 , I'm not sure if I can still get a visa or if I'm or was a citizen. Can I still work in Japan or be a citizen? Thanks.
by Tenten2905  

Re: Japinoy registered but did not go to Japan 2018/1/15 19:40
If you are still in contact with your Grandmother, please ask her/them to help you to find your name in family registration local city hall .
by Art and Art rate this post as useful

Re: Japinoy registered but did not go to Japan 2018/1/15 22:52
Thx, however my dad stopped contacting when my grandma died. We don't have contact with them anymore. Would consulate help us with this kind of issue. All the documents i have got destroyed due to fire so I can't use it. But my birth certificate indicates his name. Mom and i arw using his last name as well.
by Tenten2905 rate this post as useful

Re: Japinoy registered but did not go to Japan 2018/1/16 11:24
the Embassy may give you some advises. but, they don't help you. you have to find your father by your effort. hire a lawyer.
probably, you are a Japanese. but, you have to prove it by your effort.
all Japanese know how to do it individually, i.e. by juminhyo and/or koseki.
you may contact to a certain NPO, which was posted in somewhere in this forum recently.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japinoy registered but did not go to Japan 2018/1/19 13:06
by papakuma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread