Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Hakone info 2018/1/15 23:42
Hi,
have some questions about a 20 days visit in Japan:

day 1 and 2 arrive at kix (15 hours of travelling) in the morning at 9am: buy passes, exchange vouchers at airport, pickup wifi then to hotel in Chuo ward , visit Shittenoji, Sumiyoshi Taisha, dotonbori, namba areas. (maybe more if choosing Osaka Amazing pass and the pass would pay off and if it's doable in 1 or 1,5 days). (of course depending on the time spent on the different locations)

days 3: to Mount Koya with overnight stay
day 4: to Kyoto (staying close to Sanjo station)
day 5: Kyoto sightseeing (to Ginkankuji and walk to Kodaiji, catch some temples along the way -Honen-in, Nanzen, Heian), have lunch on this route. In the early evening go to Fushimi Inari (if my itinerary/time schedule allows it)
day 6: see Nijo castle in the morning.. catch train to Hikone (on 14 day rail pass starting on day 5 already just because cannot use it on my last day in Japan).

What about:
day 1 use icoca Haruka? (can use the icoca card later too)
day 3 Koyasan Heritage ticket? (3400 with limited express to koyasan, normal express back)
day 4 Is it a good time to pass through Yoshino? Maybe little early for Hanami?

Use Kansai 3 day Thru pass (1,3,4) if I pass by Yoshino on my way back to Kyoto? (Hashimoto to Yoshino) if not a good time for Yoshino I will do some extra sightseeing in Kyoto (bus pass or otherwise). what about the extra fees for trains.. koyasan to Yoshino: how to arrange that if NOT using Koyasan heritage ticket?

any other options/passes? arrival time, hotels/temple lodging are set.

as for early April: Hakone. Staying 2 nights near Hakone Yumoto.

day trip to Kawaguchiko area Chureito Pagoda back to Hakone Yumoto. Is it doable on 1 full day? (Limited buses at that date?).

Will do the Hakone tour on the day I arrive from Shinjuku on day 1 (shinkansen). Leaving from Odawara at day 3 (in the morning to Osaka with a stop in Shizuoka).. to arrive at Kix at 21:59 (with Haruka from Kyoto) to fly off in the morning..

Thanks in advance...
TomVDB

by TomVDB  

Re: Kansai Hakone info 2018/1/16 17:43
I Love Kyoto.So if you stay 20 days in Japan,You must stay at least 5 days in Kyoto.Here I recommend One
Transportation pass which cover JR,Non JR,subway.This is really worth to Buy.Kyōto Aruku machi rail kippu
歩くまち・京都レールきっぷ2日=2000円.valid on Keihan ,Hankyu Railway, Randen (Keifuku Railway).
by jo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread