Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worth 1 day trip to Furano from Sapporo? 2018/1/18 06:49
Considering the distance and train connections between Sapporo and Furano do you think is worth going there and coming back to Sapporo by train? Or would you skip it to choose another destination.

Thank you
by Peter1986  

Re: Worth 1 day trip to Furano from Sapporo? 2018/1/18 19:33
What time if the year will you be visiting? And are you interested in landscape and flowers?

I personally donft find Sapporo very interesting but found the landscape around Biei quite nice.

However from my Northern European background I would say that overall Hokkaido specially central Hokkaido was a bit disappointing to me. We get similar landscapes in Europe as well, so not such a WOW effect. But still nice, specially in summer when everywhere else in Japan is just too hot for me.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Worth 1 day trip to Furano from Sapporo? 2018/1/18 19:46
I will go during second week of August, I live in Spain and we also have landscapes, that's why I am a bit concerned it might be dissapointing, especially when the train connections are not so good from Sapporo, what would you do?

Thank you
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Worth 1 day trip to Furano from Sapporo? 2018/1/18 20:20
Well we are talking a day trip, so no need to decide now.

But I personally would go, rent a bicycle at Biei and cycle through the landscape. Thatfs because I enjoy cycling and I donft enjoy Sapporo.

The landscape is different from Spanish landscapes. Very green and rolling hills. Asturias could be slightly similar, but I found it more similar to Central Europe. Eg Northern Bavaria.

I would only go if the weather is forecasted to be nice as you are going to be outside all day.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread